Sunday, January 6, 2013

Just a Few New Pieces I Whipped Up

"On The Air"
The latest stuff. The RAW stuff.

Now that RAW is over, I've started fitting the pieces I'd created into the rest of my regular show at the Art Bank. I figured I'd do a big debut post here, though.

First off, we have "On The Air," a piece I'd started on during our November Second Friday event at the Art Bank as an artist demonstration. It was a picture I'd taken at work, near the studio, and just kind of came together after that. I made it hard for myself, though: Usually, I start with the stencil, and THEN paint the rest, but this time I reversed it. I'm not sure why, but an animation technique sure did come in handy when trying to transfer the painting to the stencil to get them to (somewhat) line up.
"EJ3"

The other blatantly teevee image would be "EJ3."  EJ is actually short for ENG, which is short for Electronic News Gathering. It's how we designate our receive sites (big dishes that take in our signals) at work. I was working a lot. It kind of seeped in. One of my coworkers really liked it in a WPA/1940's kind of style. Heh. Receive site propaganda.

"Bars and Robot"
"Bars and Robot" is just that: Test Pattern Bars and a robot. But I like them both! They work so well apart, why NOT put them together?

"Robo-Plight"
"Robo-Plight" kind of came up as an image in my head of a robot reaching out. I don't know, maybe he has some issues. Maybe he needs some oil. Can someone please lend a robot a hand?





"Ba-Bomb"
"Ba-Bomb" was a suggestion by the Boyfriend to "paint a bomb." I had an 18 in. x 24 in. canvas left and wanted to make one more piece before the show. He came up with a grand narrative of a bomb that said different things and could symbolize... strife, struggle, apathy, destruction......you get the idea. He told me this while I was driving home from visiting my family and I had about 4 hours to think about a bomb. So it became a cartoon bomb, acme-style, and I left any of that symbolism off of it, so, you know, you could add your own. Or just like it for thinking it looks cool. BOOM!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment